0

Everybody Praise the Lord

I hope you are all enjoying delicious turkey dinners this Thanksgiving. The children and I talked this week how we need to be thankful for all that God has given us. I originally wrote on the newsletter that this month's song focus would be "Who's the King of the Jungle" but I'm going to save it for our jungle theme in January. Instead I wanted to make sure we were all remembered to give thanks to God, so the children have been learning "Everybody Praise the Lord" by Lincoln Brewster. We have been singing it all month and will continue until October is over. I have shortened the lyrics for the children and added actions. You can listen to the song by clicking the video.

I thank the Lord for what, for what he’s done in us (point to yourself)
I thank the Lord for His love (cross arms over heart)
I thank the Lord for the smile that He’s put on my face (make a big smile and point to your cheeks)
I thank the Lord for his Grace (hold left hand up in a fist with fingers pointing away. Turn the fist towards you and open your fingers to symbolize grace coming from heaven. Click here for demo)
I thank the Lord for the joy that He has given to me (Click here for demo of "joy))
Cuz now I know that I am really set free (Click here for demo of "free")

CHORUS:
Everybody Everybody (wave arms in air for whole chorus)
Everybody praise the Lord
Everybody Everybody
Everybody praise the Lord




Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Back to Top