2

Jungle Songs

Our Jungle theme was perfect for introducing lots of fun jungle and animal songs, the most popular one being A Jungle Adventure: A Journey with Jesus.  This one gets requested by the kids ALL the time! Unfortunately, I can't show you a link because I can't find it on youtube, but if you search "A Jungle Adventure" on iTunes you will find it under the album title "Big Jungle Adventure: Jammin' Jungle Tunes".

Who's the King of the Jungle? is another fun song we've been singing.  Here's a video of the exact song we use in class, but you'll have to get your child to show you the actions since we use different ones.



Out of all the stories we read this month, Ten Naughty Little Monkeys was probably the kids favorite, so we of course had to sing 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed.  I'm sure you know the song, but here's the lyrics anyway:


5 little monkeys jumping on the bed (all five fingers up, with your hand moving up and down)
1 fell off and bumped his head (smack the palm of your right hand to your forehead)
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said (make your thumb and your pinkie into a phone and hold it up to your ear)
"No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" (wag your finger and scold the monkeys in a deep voice)


4 little monkeys.....(continue down to one)

1 little monkey jumping on the bed
He fell off and bumped his head
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said
"Put those monkeys straight to bed!"


Another requested monkey song we learned was 5 Little Monkeys Swinging in a Tree.


5 little monkeys swinging in a tree (all five fingers pointing up and swinging side to side)
Teasing Mr. Crocodile "you can't catch me!" (wag your finger and taunt the crocodile in a higher voice)
Along came Mr. Crocodile as quiet as can be.....(whisper these words as you place your hands together to make a crocodile's mouth)
AND SNAP! (yell this, as you clamp your hands together)


4 little monkeys.....(repeat all the way down to one)

1 little monkey swinging in a tree
Teasing Mr. Crocodile "you can't catch me!"
Along came Mr. Crocodile as quiet as can be....
AND..."Missed me, missed me, now you gotta kiss me!" (point to your cheek and taunt the crocodile in a high voice)
MUAH!!!! (make an exaggerated big kiss in the air)




We've been singing Hip Hip Hip Hippopotamus  a lot as well, but the new favorite song of the kids is Elephants Have Wrinkles.

2 comments:

JandJ said...

Hello Teacher Kindra,

I just wanted to say how much our son, Kiva Jenson, still talks about preschool with you! I was glad to find this blog with so many of the songs on it that he used to sing in your class because I'm sure he will really like to watch and sing along with them!

Actually I have some cute videos of Kiva teaching his preschool songs to some sea gypsy children in Thailand; if I can post it I will send you the link.

We are living in Shanghai, China now and Kiva is attending a local kindergarten and doing his best in an all Mandarin environment, though Canada still holds the fondest memories for him. I hope this year is going well for all of you in Lethbridge!

Regards,
Jennifer Jenson

Kindra said...

Hi Jennifer! I'm sorry I missed this comment, I guess I don't have it set up for the comments to be emailed to me, I will be sure to change that! Thanks for letting me know about Kiva, that is so great to hear he is doing well. I'm also so happy he enjoyed his time with us :) Take care!

-Teacher Kindra

Back to Top